FREE Tips & Articles
TIP: How to make your computer run faster
Just like your car, your computer also requires periodic tune ups.
In the following steps we will run some applications to help your computer work more efficiently and, thus, faster.
This is done by removing extra information, like:
* histories like the internet histories that track every website you have ever been to
* parts of programs that you have deleted
* invalid links to programs that either no longer exist or have moved
. . . and others.
Then we will defrag - re-organize your hard drive so that your computer can find things better and faster.
Well, let's not waste any more time and get to work
TIP: Make sure all programs and software are shut down during the above cleaning and defraging process, nothing must be running!
1) Click Here to download a free piece of software call CCleaner.
* install it
* run it
* and rebootCCleaner is a freeware system optimization and privacy tool. It removes unused files from your system - allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space.2) After you run cleaner and your system is clean, I highly suggest you run the Registry Issues Cleaner.
It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history.
But the best part is that it's fast (normally taking less than a second to run) and contains NO Spyware or Adware! :)
If you do not know what Spyware or Adware are, that is OK - trust me, you do not want them on your computer!
NOTE: CCleaner will delete all of your passwords.
To save your password from disappearing, you can untick the "Autocomplete Form History" box.CCleaner uses an advanced registry to check for problems and inconsistencies in your registry. It can check the following: * File Extensions3) Time to Defrag your hard drive....remember, the re-organizing I mentioned. Please follow the below...
* ActiveX Controls
* Shared DLLs
* Help File references
* Application Paths
* Invalid Shortcuts and more...
Start >>> Programs >>> Accessories >> System Tools >>> Disk Defragmenter4) After you are done with the above 3, reboot again and you will notice a considerable improvement in your computers speed and performance.
For best results repeat the above at least once a month.
Is this better than Spybot and Ad-Aware? Also if I download this, should I get rid of them programs? It is not better or worse, it is completely different software that accomplishes an entirely different task.
To receive more of these types of free tips and articles directly to your inbox,
simply send us an email